Sheep's wool has a high level of nitrogen that works as a slow release fertiliser and has very good water retention. Bracken gives a high level of natural potash essential for fruiting and flowering. Also has a wide range of naturally occurring trace elements for good plant health. No other growing media has such a naturally high concentration of nutrients for improved plant size and quality. Now with added Comfrey! – the organic gardeners best friend – a ‘dynamic accumulator’ packed with nutrients is added into the Wool Compost range. Comfrey's ‘Bocking 14’ variety has high levels of potassium, phosphorous & nitrogen for healthy plant growth, larger flowers & bigger crops.
Can be used in borders and in gardens with lighter soils to reduce the problems of drought.
Designed for the real gardener to mix with your own compost or soil.
Ideal for growing
The Garden Ninja - Mulching & Improving your soil
Kevin Fortey grows giant veg
Mulching - Sarah Giles of Garden Etc explains
Packed in 30 litre bags. Available loose in bulk bags of 800 litres £245 / 1400 litres £395. Call 01931 713281 to inquire.
Delivery & Returns
How much does it cost for my order to be delivered?
Orders of 11 bags and less will be delivered by a courier using a Van. The standard delivery charge is £10 for 2 bags and £15 for 3 - 11 bags.
Orders of 12 bags plus will be delivered on a pallet by a courier using a Lorry. The standard delivery charge is £25 per pallet, for 12 - 70 bags or 1 bulk bag.
You can mix and match bagged composts - we will base the delivery price on total number of bags. There is a minimum order quantity of 2 bags.
Bulk bags will be delivered on a pallet by a courier using a Lorry. The standard delivery charge is £25 per pallet. Bulk bags can be ordered via our sales team on 01931 713281.
Find out more about delivery and returns
How to Use
- Use directly in the garden as a top dressing in the spring
- Top up your raised beds or pots - mix well with spent compost or soil
- Mix your own potting medium
- For fully rooted plants use a ratio of 1 part Wool Compost double strength : 1 part soil or compost from your own garden
- For younger plants use a ratio of 1 part Wool Compost double strength : 2 parts soil or compost from your own garden
- NOT suitable to sow seeds or grow small seedlings
- Does not require the addition of fertilizers or plant feed
NOTE: Always wear gloves when handling natural composts. Store in a cool dry place.