Our Bulb Compost is a blend of bracken harvested from the fells surrounding our Lake District farm to enrich your soil with all the right nutrients to help your bulbs grow strong and to restore their reserves for the following year so no need to feed.
Our Bulb Compost is carbon neutral to help you garden more sustainably and is made with 100% renewable resources and is designed to be used with spring, summer and autumn bulbs.
- Feeds naturally for 2 years
- Free draining healthy bulbs
- Encourages repeat flowering
Lasagne pots with Agents of Field
20L when packed. Available loose in bulk bags of 800 litres £225 / 1400 litres £365. Call 01931 713281 to inquire.
Delivery & Returns
How much does it cost for my order to be delivered?
Orders of 11 bags and less will be delivered by a courier using a Van. The standard delivery charge is £10 for 2 bags and £15 for 3 - 11 bags.
Orders of 12 bags plus will be delivered on a pallet by a courier using a Lorry. The standard delivery charge is £25 per pallet, for 12 - 70 bags or 1 bulk bag.
You can mix and match bagged composts - we will base the delivery price on total number of bags. There is a minimum order quantity of 2 bags.
Bulk bags will be delivered on a pallet by a courier using a Lorry. The standard delivery charge is £25 per pallet. Bulk bags can be ordered via our sales team on 01931 713281.
Find out more about delivery and returns
How to Use
Bulbs in pots and containers
- Place a layer of crocks at the bottom of your pot or container.
- Add a layer of Dalefoot Bulb Compost to a good depth (10cm if possible), to allow good root growth.
- Arrange bulbs up to a bulbs distance apart, then add another 10cm layer of Bulb Compost.
- Water after planting and continue to water for six weeks after flowering. The compost should feel moist to the touch but not wet.
- Prepare the ground – remove weeds and add Dalefoot Bulb Compost to the planting pit – which should be 3-4 times as deep as the bulb itself.
- Cover generously with Bulb Compost.
- Mark the place of planting with a beautiful label to prevent disappointment in the future.
- If you have squirrels in your garden – plant deeper!
Top Tip – Try layering your bulbs for a beautiful display.
Remember that bulbs with indents e.g. Fritillaria, need to be planted on their side – the stem will find its way up to the light.
NOTE: Always wear gloves when handling natural composts. Store in a cool dry place.
Our composts are made from nutrient rich natural products. They can leach causing staining. Be careful using on light surfaces.