We only use 100% natural ingredients from the fells surrounding our farm in the Lake District.
Potash rich bracken forms the base for all our composts. We blend herdwick Sheep's wool into all our Wool Composts for improved water retention and slow release nitrogen.
Our composts are completely PEAT FREE and are not made from green waste.
The Reckless Gardener
Traditional Claybuster and 'Gold-standard' Autumn Mulch. Encourages worms and enriches your soil.
- Mulch into your beds in Autumn for improved nutrition and added moisture retention
- Top dress plants such as potatoes, fruit trees, asparagus and flowering shrubs (1 bag per m2)
- Now feeding for 2 years
For encouraging strong, healthy bulbs that produce vibrant blooms year after year.
- Use for Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer bulbs
- Feeds for 2 years
See how others have been using our Bulb compost:
Monty Don Planting Lily bulbs
For growing in containers where water retention is key. No need to add extra feed or water retaining gels.
- Use in containers, hanging baskets and raised beds
See how others have been using our Wool compost:
Susie White - My Weekly
The Bramble Garden
Article - The Telegraph
A blended, fine mix to provide the perfect start for your seeds.
- Healthy green seedlings from a gentle feed
- Once roots develop, transfer to Wool Compost
See how others have been using our Seed compost:
The Chatty Gardener
For container growing all acid-loving plants eg Azaleas, Camellia, Heathers, Pieris, Rhododendrons and Blueberries.
See how others have been using our Ericaceous compost:
Agents of Field
No other growing media has such a high concentration of naturally derived nutrients for improved plant size and quality.
- Grow bag for tomatoes
- Mix into soil for greedy vegetables (eg. courgettes)
- Aids water retention for dry, sandy soils.
See how others have been using our Double Strength compost:
Pumpkin Beth - Daffodils
The Urban Veg Patch
For planting out and top dressing all your acid loving plants.
Perfect for "grow your own" vegetables, salad and fruit in an allotment, raised beds, containers or windowsill.
- Up to 50% less watering
- Feeds throughout the growing season
See how others have been using our Veg compost: