The world’s most famous flower show is upon us, RHS Chelsea Flower Show. We’re proud to be exhibiting again this year, supporting four gardens and also running exciting competitions on our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram channels.
We’ve teamed up with our RHS Chelsea neighbours – to offer some amazing grow-your-own veg prizes for three lucky Twitter, Facebook and Instragram followers (one winner on each channel).
• Wool Compost – you’re going to need the best compost to grow veggies in, so we are giving each lucky winner 4 bags of compost: Wool Compost for Seeds, Wool Compost for Potting, Wool Compost for Vegetables & Salads, and Wool Compost for Tomatoes worth £58.96!
• Kevin Forteys Giant Sunflower Seeds – Seed pack containing Giant Sunflowers from the UK Record sunflower strain which measured 67 inchs! (circumference). From Giant Veg Seeds worth £6.50!
• Two pairs of gloves from the Glove Specialists - a pair of Red-Back Gloves (textured-latex palm with a breathable back makes this the perfect weeding glove, with excellent fit, grip and great protection) and a pair of Easy Fit Gloves (strong yet soft and light, amazingly tactile gardening glove, in stretchy black nylon with a strong black polyurethane palm. Perfect for handling compost, pricking out, planting and potting, weeding and cleaning up around the garden, even changing the plug or oil on the lawnmower!) Worth £14!
• Vegebag from Vegepod UK – Vegepod signature mesh provides amazing growth rates as well as protecting against wildlife, pets, pests, bugs and inclement weather. Simply fill the bottom section with Dalefoot peat-free compost and plant your veg. Worth £49.99
• The Climate Change Garden – Book by Kim Stoddart and Sally Morgan full of down to earth advice on how you can work towards a climate-change resilient garden. Worth £15.49
Twitter competition - For a chance to win, retweet (RT) our post, follow & tell us your favourite garden plant (with a photo from your own garden if possible).
Facebook competition - Entrants must explain why they enjoy gardening. Photos of entrants’ gardens welcomed. Like our Facebook page, share the post and tag as many friends as you can!
Instagram competition - Entrants must explain why they enjoy gardening – again photos welcomed – and tag a friend.
All three competitions close 28 May 2023 23:59 and winners will be informed by 01 June 2023 18:00. Full terms and conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
By entering Dalefoot’s Twitter, Facebook or Instagram competitions you agree to be bound by the following:
Twitter – the prize as described above. Entrants must share the post, follow and name their favourite garden plant. Photos welcomed.
Facebook – the prize as described above. Entrants must explain why they enjoy gardening. Photos of entrants’ gardens welcomed. Like our Facebook page, share the post if you like and tag as many friends as you can!
Instagram – the prize as described above. Entrants must explain why they enjoy gardening – again photos welcomed – and tag a friend.
Dalefoot Composts will choose its favourite responses from the entries. A winner will be selected from each channel (three winners in total). The prizes will be sent to the winners by 30 June 2023.
The prizes are non-transferrable and cannot be refunded for any money. Prizes may take longer to deliver/arrive, due to current delivery delays.
Open to all UK mainland residents aged 18 and over, excluding relatives, partners and employees of Dalefoot Composts, Heltondale, Cumbria CA10 2QL
Closing date for entries in all three competitions 28 May 2023 23:59.
Only one entry per person on each channel.
The winners will be informed within 4 days of the closing date and will need to respond by 5 June 2023, or a new winner will be chosen.
Dalefoot may publish the winners’ details and the winning entries on its social media channels or website. If Dalefoot does not publish the winners’ details on social media, those details may be obtained from Dalefoot privately on request.
Personal data will be processed and shared with third parties only for the administration of the prize, and for promotional purposes as listed above.
By participating in these competitions, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
These competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or the RHS.
Dalefoot reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify these competitions or these official rules.