The Soil Association has officially approved our entire range of peat free composts making it even easier for eco-conscious gardeners who want to organically grow their fruit, vegetables and blooms. The Soil Association is the UK’s largest organic certification body with over 70 years’ experience and its organic standards are recognised as being the best in the world.
Our loyal customers already know that our peat-free composts are packed with all-natural ingredients that grow fantastic plants so it’s wonderful that our range now meets the Soil Association’s strict production standards and can proudly display the logo. This is one of the many reasons to use Dalefoot Composts.
Why is organic growing so important? Organic means working with nature. It means more environmentally sustainable management of the land and natural environment, which benefits wildlife. Know what is in your food and that means knowing what it is grown in.
Achieving Soil Association certification endorses the premium quality Dalefoot Composts has always offered. The unique benefits include:
· High levels of natural potash from the bracken promotes flowering and fruiting, healthy growth and hearty crops.
· Wool provides a slow, steady, sustained supply of nitrogen.
· NO need for any additional plant food - Our range will feed for the first season and beyond.
· Natural water retention of wool fibres means up to 50% less watering.
· Made in the Lake District from 100% renewable resources with great environmental benefits.
· Our peat free compost has a similar soft texture to peat and has a wide range of naturally occurring trace elements for good plant health.
Start growing organically!