Join our sales team...
Dalefoot Composts are looking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated Sales Executive to join our sales team within our rapidly growing family business. You will be joining a dynamic and driven team, and whose main focus is to drive compost sales whilst providing exceptional customer service.
We produce premium, peat-free, organic compost products that are recognised throughout the horticultural industry. With ‘Soil Association Approved’ status our customers are able to grow organically and produce the finest produce. Our composts attract the attention of many awards, most recently ‘RHS Chelsea Sustainable Garden Product of the Year finalist 2021’.
Our quality composts are made using natural materials that are not only renewable but provide benefits to the environment and the local community as well. Our range of composts enables environmentally-aware customers to make strong sustainable choices and select a real alternative to peat-based composts. We believe they are the best growing mediums in the U.K.
Sales executives engage, retain and grow accounts profitably through exceptional customer service and relationship management. As such you will be able to:
• demonstrate commercial awareness
• demonstrate passion to succeed
• communicate using open questions and listening
• influence and negotiate using consultation
• provide high levels of service
• show understanding of Dalefoot Composts core strengths, products and solutions
• network from the office and at events
• use professional presentation skills
• achieve goals and objectives within deadlines
• demonstrate an openness to feedback and drive to improve
• seek new sales opportunities, source and manage referrals
• build strong trusted advisor relationships with our clients
• maintain client accounts in terms of stock levels, repeat orders, expanding their range of our products etc.
• contribute ideas and help produce marketing collateral such as samples, leaflets, point of sale materials.
• attend trade shows and gardening shows with the sales manager to showcase our products and take orders (e.g. RHS Chelsea, RHS Hampton Court)
• provide support to the rest of the sales team/office staff when required
• communicate with and update the Sales Manager and Directors as required
• proven product sales experience in person and over the telephone
• proven trusted advisor relationships, great results and excellent client service
• outstanding customer satisfaction feedback from clients
• willing and able to attend events that can include weekends
• clear communication in a confident, professional and friendly manner
• competent in MS Office, outlook and document sharing
• experience using CRM systems
• an interest in gardening, environment and farming
• works well within a team and individually
• relish challenge and multi-tasking, demonstrating adaptability
• experience in time management and prioritising
Reports to Sales Manager and Business Owners
• 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday
• Trade/retail show attendance, accruing of additional hours
• Salary negotiable depending on experience
• Currently based on our farm in Heltondale
• 28 days annual leave including all public holidays
• 6 months’ probation
How to apply:
Please email a short CV with covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com. Because we are a small team and interested in your motivation to join us, applications without a supporting letter will not be considered.
Any questions, please call Lizzi for further information on 01931 713291.